TERMS AND CONDITIONS FOR CASUAL/HOLIDAY LETTING
- Booking Payments - A 25% deposit + $55 booking fee is required within 7 days of booking your accommodation. Failure to do so will result in cancellation of your booking. The balance of payment for your accommodation is due 14 days prior to arrival. Methods of payment include:
1.Direct Deposit (no additional charge)
2.Cheque by post to PO Box 49 Sawtell NSW 2452
3.Credit Card (1.65% surcharge). Amex & Diners not accepted.
– Cancellation by Guest: Will incur a fee of $135 will apply under ANY and ALL circumstances.
- If the property is re-let for the total period formerly booked by you, the cancellation fee only will be charged and the balance refunded
- If the property is not re-let for the total period formerly booked by you, ½ the tariff will be charged with the exception being Christmas, Easter, School Holidays or Special Events when the full tariff will be charged.
- Cancellation by Owner: The agent does not, accept any responsibility for actions taken by the owner of the premises outside of our control and we reserve the right to cancel any booking should we be instructed by the owner, including the sale of the property. Should this occur, every reasonable endeavor will be made to offer alternative accommodation or offer a full refund.
- Security Bond – A completed Guest Registration Form and Credit card details are required prior to key collection. The Guest Registration Form requests details of your name, contact number and address, as well as credit card details. This gives McGrath Estate Agents authority to charge your credit card should any additional costs be incurred due to late departure, excess rubbish and/or cleaning, damages to the property and its contents or due to any breach of the Terms and Conditions.
- Arrivals & Departures – The premises are let to you only for the period stated on your booking confirmation and the number of occupants must not exceed the number stated. The premises are available from 2.00 pm on the day of arrival and full payment is required before keys will be handed out. Properties must be vacated by 10.00 am on the day of departure and left in a clean and tidy manner. Please return all keys to our office at 57 First Avenue Sawtell after vacating your accommodation. Keys can be deposited through the slot provided to the right of the main entrance of our office. Failure to vacate will incur an additional charge.
*In the event of an early departure, there is no refund.
- Lost Keys/Lock Out – If a guest requires a duplicate set of keys after hours, a $100.00 call out fee is applicable and must be paid in cash to the agent, upon delivery/collection. Please call the office on 02 6658 1577 and request the after hours extension.
- Schoolie Bookings – Under instructions from our owners, we are unable to accept ‘Schoolie’ bookings.
- Description of Premises – Our agency will describe the property and location in good faith and to the best of their ability, however no responsibility for mis-description will be accepted. All premises are privately owned and are furnished and decorated to the owner’s individual standards.
- Cleanliness and Damages – Our housekeepers do not remove garbage or wash dishes for guests so please ensure that all garbage is removed from your holiday property and placed in the bins provided. Please ensure all dishes are washed and put back in cupboards prior to departure and ensure Barbeque is left clean and tidy. Failure to do so will incur an additional charge of $50.00. All properties are to be left in a clean and tidy manner upon vacating.
*SUNDAY night is BIN NIGHT. Please place on kerb opening to the road.
- Excessive Noise Policy – Excessive noise caused by loud music, televisions, partying and loud cars will not be permitted between 9.00 pm to 7.00 am. Guests will make every possible effort to ensure that they do not cause a nuisance to adjoining or neighbouring properties and all by-laws and regulations must be observed. Any guests found to be breaching these guidelines will be immediately terminated from the premises.
- Re-Booking & Christmas Bookings – Due to high demand of holiday letting you will need to re-book prior to your departure and a 25% holding deposit + $55.00 booking fee must be received within 7 days of booking to secure your stay. If you have not received your confirmation email/letter, please contact our office immediately to ensure you do not lose your booking.
- Additional Terms & Conditions –
o No pets are permitted on the premises (unless given prior authority). Additional cleaning charges as well as a professional flea treatment will be charged to guests upon finding that pets have been staying on the premises.
o Strictly no smoking within the premises. If you do smoke, please close doors and windows to avoid smoke blowing through the property.
o No responsibility is taken for guests personal property left on the premises. If requested, we will endeavor to recover and return property to your home address at the guests’ expense.
o Parking is only available in the allocated parking space for your accommodation.
o Soliciting from the premises is strictly prohibited.
o Bed linen and towels are supplied at the majority of properties; however we ask that you bring along beach towels for use around the pool or at the beach.