Nambucca Heads is a relaxed beachside town on the Coffs Coast of Australia, and the town is popular for its waterways and peaceful ambience. This village is placed at the mouth of Nambucca River and is an idyllic place to go fishing, kayaking and explore the river benches. Suiting enough, the name of this village derives from the Aboriginal meaning “Entrance to water”.
Nambucca Heads is where the lush, green rainforest meets sparkling blue waters.
The Kosekai lookout in the Dunggir National park offers an amazing view over the Nambucca Valley to the coast. The national park has some of the best birdwatching opportunities in the region, and there is lots of other wildlife to spot.
Here are some things to do, places to eat & where to shop while you’re staying in the coastal town of Nambucca Heads.
For Breakfast & Lunch (or Brunch!)
Nambucca Heads has several options for breakfast & brunch. Simply go for a walk around this coastal town, and you’ll find people dining outside and sipping on freshly brewed coffee. Here are some tips about our favourite go-to’s:
- Nambucca Boatshed & Cafe – Apart from the fact that this cafe provides breakfast/lunch views over the beautiful river, this boatshed is also where you can hire your river equipment! Drop-in and get your boat, kayak or stand up paddleboard for a session on the river.
- Wharf Street Cafe – A beautiful cafe overlooking the tranquil waters of Nambucca Heads. Check them out for your coffee and breakfast, and even for their cake supplies!
- Good Time Charlie’s – Are you craving delicious toasties, rolls & wraps packed with nutritious goods for breakfast? Or how about a slice of cakes to serve the sweet tooth? This place has it all, including ready-to-go, frozen, takeaway meals so that you can get all your meals sorted in one spot.
- Wild Terra Bakery – For all your baked goods, fresh bread and pies, make sure to pop by this bakery.
- The Beach House Providore: Valla beach – This local, family-owned cafe caters for all diets, serving healthy, wholesome food.
For Dinner & Drinks
We highly recommend making a booking, even on slower nights. Our favourite spots include:
- New River Edge Indian Cuisine – Bring your family and friends while you indulge in Indian flavour.
- V-Wall Tavern – The perfect place to lounge back on their waterfront, sun-soaked deck and enjoy a great meal and a refreshing drink.
- Nambucca Heads RSL Club – Situated on the picturesque river, you can get there and have agreat pub feed. Check out their website to see the list of weekly events.
- Nourish Cafe & Grocer: Valla Beach – This place serves breakfast all day & lunch from midday together with all your mouthwatering cold drinks & cocktails!
- Golden Sands Tavern – This vibrant coastal pub is known among the locals as ‘The Sands’ and the heart and soul of the community. The Sands servesquality pub meals for lunch & dinner and live entertainment
- Galleria Shop Eat Relax – Does shopping make you want to get a face massage, followed by a large cuppa and some lunch? This is your one-stop-shop located on Bowra street.
Things To Do
- The Nambucca Heads Mosaic – In front of the Nambucca Heads Police Station, you can find this thirty metres tiled artwork – Well worth a look!
- The Stringer Art Gallery – This gallery is located within Nambucca Community and Arts Centre, and showcases local artists and themed exhibitions.
- V-Wall Outdoor Gallery – This is an outdoor gallery for graffiti artists.
- Majestic Cinema – Grab a bucket of popcorn, a can of soda and enjoy some quality entertainment while you lay back.
Adventure-lovers can have a full schedule (if they want!) while visiting the region. Check out the Coffs Harbour page for a full list of regional tours & activities.
[rev_slider alias=”holiday-coffs-coast” slidertitle=”Holiday Coffs Coast”][/rev_slider]