McGrath Coffs Harbour | Sawtell | Nambucca Heads
Principal & Director
The professional team at McGrath are dedicated to ensuring your property is managed to the high standards expected. So whether you’re staying as a guest or hosting your investment property via our platform- you’re in good hands.
Our offices are open 6 days a week and we provide an after-hours number, making it convenient for holidaymakers to call at any time, 24/7. The Hospitality team share extensive knowledge and experience in the local holiday letting industry ensuring guests can find the most ideal holiday property to suit.
Please feel free to contact our Holiday team if you have any further questions or concerns.
Holiday Property Manager
While You Visit...
What to Do on the Coffs Coast
The Big Banana is the biggest theme park between Sydney and the Gold Coast, and has got something to cater for all ages. The park’s many rides & attractions will leave you wanting to come back for more amazing experiences and family time. So, pack the kids in the car and get ready for a full day of fun and adrenaline boosting activities.
Here are the activities & attractions you can find at the Big Banana Fun Park:
Strap on your battlesuit vest & phaser before you head into the battleground where you zap your enemies while looking out for the interactive hidden targets around the field. This activity will get you on your toes and is sure to bring out the ninja within you.
Put on your swimmers and be ready to get splashed! This water park features 4 thrilling slides in the world class where you can reach speeds of up to 60km/h. These slides are definitely not for the faint-hearted, but the adrenaline junkie will be sliding again and again and again…
This Family Entertainment Centre features an amazing range of ticket redemption gaming machines. All the games within the Fun Zone are based on skills, which means you can collect more tickets if you’re really good at them! The tickets can then be redeemed at the Prize Hub or the Gift Shop.
The ice rink is the perfect place to cool down on those hot summer days, or you can bring some hot chocolate and bring “Christmas in July” to the next level!
Ah, the famous toboggan ride of Coffs Harbour! The track is over half a kilometer long, and offers a great view from the top. Let your excitement excel as you rush down the track- but don’t forget to hold on when you are cutting the corners!
Get the history behind the bananas on the Coffs Coast from the discovery of them and through to today. This new theatre experience lets you sit back and watch while the projector presents images and film onto a scrim screen with an object stage background. Following the film screening is a short plantation walk where the visitors are allowed into the re-established packing shed to watch a short film of the banana plantation.
Gather your mates and head to the mini-golf course for a friendly round of mini-golf! The Big Banana Fun Park has a total of 36 holes, which will leave you entertained for days.
For some more educational entertainment, make sure to step into the world of pythons, venomous snakes, turtles, lizards. You can even meet a saltwater crocodile in this part of the Big Banana!
The indoor, 83m long “Racer” is the biggest slide in the country with a height of 17.5 meter. The slide has also got an interactive scoring system which will manage to draw out your most competitive side when you race against your friends in one of the 6 lanes.
When at the Big Banana, why not indulge in all banana-themed sweets? Choose between banana split, banana smoothie, banana pancakes or just a simple chocolate coated banana. The Cafe & Ice Creamery will also have plenty of ice creams and coffee that you can pair it with- it’s a winner for sure!
With candy making demonstrations daily, The Candy Kitchen welcomes you into a magical world of colours, flavours & smells. After a visit here, you’ll be leaving the park on a sugar high!
The Coffs Coast is well known for pristine, endless beaches, lush bush & rainforests. Being conveniently placed between Brisbane and Sydney, Coffs Harbour is truly a hub for anyone escaping the bustling city life. This is a paradise where you can relax, but also enjoy the many amazing activities which the region offers. Whether you are bringing your friends, family, or you’re by yourself, you are bound to have the time of your life.
What better place to bring your kids (or just yourself) for some surf lessons than here on the Coffs Coast?
With an endless coastline, you’ll be spoiled for choice when hunting for waves, whether it is for beginners or professionals. For surf lessons, here are some companies to get in touch with:
With countless headlands, the Coffs region has some great spots where you can watch the whale migration that takes place between June to October. Why not jump on a whale watching tour if you want to see these majestic animals up close?
The beautiful coastline of Coffs Harbour is the perfect place to do so, with several tour operators offering this as an activity:
Bring your kids along to a Coastal Kids workshop for a creative session where it’s all about feeling connected and having fun. These ladies organise many events and some examples are abstract painting, self-expressive dance and even family disco nights! Join in on the fun, and you’ll be feeling happy and inspired.
How about getting a new perspective on the Coffs Coast region? With its self-guided rope courses, The Treetop Adventure Park allows you to be Tarzan or Jane for one day while you climb, weave and fly through the treetops.
Some of the obstacles found in the park are rope ladders, wobbly bridges and zip lines spread across over 100 elevated obstacles. Grab your water bottle, and get ready for a day of adventure, adrenaline & sweat!
Another thing that the Coffs Coast has in abundance are waterways! We can recommend packing a lunch (and plenty of water) and going exploring the rivers and creeks in a kayak, canoe or on a SUP. C Change Adventures offers hire of canoes, kayaks and SUPs by the hour or you can rent their equipment for a full day, or even a week! The adventure company also offers kayak eco-tours, which is a great opportunity to get some local knowledge about the area.
Get ready for a whole session of bouncing, jumping, running and laughter. This place breathes fitness, skill development and fun, and is the perfect activity for active kids and adults. How about taking your kids here after your visit at The Candy Kitchen so that they can run off that sugar high?
Sound like fun? Book your family holiday accommodation in Coffs Harbour here.
School holidays are always a busy time of the year. It can be challenging to find activities that will please everyone in the family, letting you spend that valuable time together. Luckily, as Coffs Harbour is constantly developing, there are always something fun happening and new things to try. Here are some suggestions on ways to spend that quality time together as a family:
The Coffs Coast is home to a unique marine environment which goes under the name Solitary Islands. At the Solitary Islands Aquarium, you can discover some of the amazing animals we have here on the coast such as clownfish, lionfish, angelfish and butterfly fish- without even getting your hair wet! They have a series of spectacular aquariums, guided tours and visual displays. Let your kids explore the underwater world, and witness how curiosity will grow as they wander off.
The Butterfly House has an indoor subtropical rainforest where you can experience hundreds of live Australian butterflies. On top of colourful butterflies, this attraction offers a daily presentation where visitors can enjoy 4 baby dinosaurs and a life sized dinosaur that all move and roar. These shows will certainly capture the full attention of your kids, and leave them truly amazed.
The Big Banana is the biggest theme park between Sydney and the Gold Coast. With its many rides & awesome attractions, the park caters for all ages and your day will be fully packed with fun, family-friendly activities.
Coastal Kids offer workshops and events that are tailored to families. Join these ladies for abstract painting, self-expressive dance and even family disco nights! These activities will make you want to book in the next one straight away.
The Dolphin Marine Conservation Park has a huge range of marine animals. It is a great place for educational entertainment, and your kids will surely have a million questions that their capable animal caretakers are more than happy to respond to. During school holidays, the park also offers beautiful marine-themed face painting or body art- you can even get waterproof paint!
At Holiday Coffs Coast, we have got a wide range of holiday houses perfect for families. Book your school holidays with us today.
Where the Great Dividing Range meets the Australian East Coast, that’s where you’ll find Coffs Harbour. This city is the vibrant heart of the Coffs Coast. Centrally located, this quirky place has everything one could need for a holiday. Surrounded by National Parks and facing the Solitary Islands Marine Park, the natural environment and uncrowded beaches are complemented by attractions, excellent shopping, fantastic accommodation and award-winning cafes and restaurants.
With its great subtropical climate, Coffs Harbour is surrounded by forested hills and sparkling blue waters which makes this place a great hub for all your coastal and forest adventures. There is an enormous selection of things to see & do. Whether you want to find a wave, go for a swim, catch some fish, go sky-diving or scuba diving, go shopping or relax at a day spa – There is something for everyone!
Here are some things to do, places to eat & where to shop while you’re staying in the lovely city of Coffs Harbour.
For Breakfast & Lunch (or Brunch!)
Coffs Harbour is full of breakfast & brunch options. Simply go for a walk down the Coffs Jetty or around the city and you’ll find people dining outside and sipping on freshly brewed coffee. Here are some tips about our favourite go-to’s:
- Surf Club Coffs Harbour – The view at this restaurant is like no other. Dine on their pavilion while you feel the ocean breeze.
- The Mermaid Beachhouse – This restaurant focuses on sustainability & local produce while making incredible meals.
- Seasalt – What’s better than a yummy fish burger or some classic fish & chips for lunch while soaking in the sun and saltwater?
- Supply – A micro-roastery where you can sip on high-quality espresso and grab a bite to eat.
- The Platter Effect – Let The Platter Effect plan the perfect picnic for you. The Coffs Coast is absolutely full of stunning picnic spots – perfect for families, dates or a girl’s weekend.
- Urban Espresso Lounge – Placed at the Jetty, this cafe offers a healthy & exciting breakfast & lunch menu.
For Dinner & Drinks
We highly recommend making a booking, even on slower nights. As a small town full of foodies, local restaurants are often bustling. Our favourite spots include:
- Dark Arts Cafe & Bar – Step into a different world where everything served is delicious. Ranging from strong, early morning coffee to dinner & drinks at night.
- Element Bar – This is a go-to for a night out on the Jetty. With some of the best cocktails in town and bar snacks made to perfection, you’re bound to have a great time.
- Fiasco – Craving pizza and pasta? Fiasco’s has incredibleItalian food with great vibes. Perfect for a date night or a night out with friends.
- Slo Vino + – Stroll down here to sip on a collection of Aus
tralian natural wine, craft beer and complex cocktails.
- The Red C – Check out this live music’s schedule to see what’s happening during your trip to Coffs Harbour. This live music venue serves lunch, dinner & cold tap beer.
- Tallow & Tide – This boutique stocks quality vintage and eco-conscious Australian labels & home decor. Find this shop tucked away in a cool alleyway.
- Harbourside Markets – Every Sunday from 8 am – 2 pm | The Jetty Markets get busy for a good reason. Get there early to enjoy quality food trucks, fresh produce and browse around the stalls for locally made goods.
- Alykat Creative – This local artist has her own little shop in one of the many alleyways in Coffs Harbour. If you want to get some quirky, fun and colourful art to bring home – You’re at the right place!
Things To Do
- Bite Food Tours – If you’re a foodie, then check out Bite Food Tours. They’ll show you all the spots that excite your taste buds.
- Fisherman’s Coop – Visit these guys for all your fresh seafood.
- Coffs Harbour Deep Sea Fishing – What will your catch of the day be? Check out these charter fishing boats then cook up your fresh fish on your holiday home’s BBQ.
- Jetty Dive – The Coffs Coast is famous for its gorgeous diving and whale watching. Jetty Dive is at the top of our list for ocean adventures.
- Montem Bike Tours – See a different side of the Coffs Coast – from a bike! With blue skies often more than not, these tours will guarantee a day of fun in the sun.
- The Sol Collective – Yoga, meditation & soul disco – this waterfront studio has it all. Check out their rotating schedule and explore some mindfulness on your holiday.
- Exodus Adventures Pickup and Surf Rafting – For all your wilderness and water adventures, book in a day tour with these guys! You are sure to make some great memories and challenge yourself.
- The Big Banana – This one is a classic! You can’t leave Coffs without taking a photo in front of the famous Big Banana. Don’t forget to pop by The Cheesemaking Workshop while you’re there!
- TreeTops Coffs Harbour – Feeling adventurous? Hit the trees for a day of family fun or a cute day date.
- Coffs Harbour Driving Range – Grab a bucket of golf balls and enjoy an hour at the Coffs Harbour Driving Range. Make sure to get in touch if you’re interested in a lesson from their in-house golf pro.
- East Coast Surf School – Learn how to surf here on the beautiful Coffs Coast. This area has great waves for beginners & more advanced!
- Two Tails Winery – Two Tails Winery makes for a great day trip. Journey out into the hills and enjoy gourmet food and wine.
- Raleigh Winery – Just a short drive from Sawtell & Bellingen, Raleigh Winery is a great place to visit for foodies & wine-lovers.
- Spring Loaded – Feel like the kids are bouncing off the walls? Bring them to Spring Loaded for a day playing on the trampolines.
- Club 300 Bowling & Bar – A great place to enjoy a fun night of social bowling & a game of pool along with drinks from the bar & food from the bistro
Important Things To Know
- Most restaurants are closed on Mondays. Make sure to double-check the opening hours of the cafe or restaurant you’ve been eyeing down.
- Restaurants are often busy from Thursday – Saturday evenings. We recommend making a booking in advance.
- Coffs Harbour is just a 5-minute drive from the Coffs Harbour Airport.
- Great for a long weekend getaway or a long-term stay where you’ll get to know the locals. Once you’re here, you’ll want to stay longer than you expected!