Where the Great Dividing Range meets the Australian East Coast, that’s where you’ll find Coffs Harbour. This city is the vibrant heart of the Coffs Coast. Centrally located, this quirky place has everything one could need for a holiday. Surrounded by National Parks and facing the Solitary Islands Marine Park, the natural environment and uncrowded beaches are complemented by attractions, excellent shopping, fantastic accommodation and award-winning cafes and restaurants.
With its great subtropical climate, Coffs Harbour is surrounded by forested hills and sparkling blue waters which makes this place a great hub for all your coastal and forest adventures. There is an enormous selection of things to see & do. Whether you want to find a wave, go for a swim, catch some fish, go sky-diving or scuba diving, go shopping or relax at a day spa – There is something for everyone!
Here are some things to do, places to eat & where to shop while you’re staying in the lovely city of Coffs Harbour.
For Breakfast & Lunch (or Brunch!)
Coffs Harbour is full of breakfast & brunch options. Simply go for a walk down the Coffs Jetty or around the city and you’ll find people dining outside and sipping on freshly brewed coffee. Here are some tips about our favourite go-to’s:
- Surf Club Coffs Harbour – The view at this restaurant is like no other. Dine on their pavilion while you feel the ocean breeze.
- The Mermaid Beachhouse – This restaurant focuses on sustainability & local produce while making incredible meals.
- Seasalt – What’s better than a yummy fish burger or some classic fish & chips for lunch while soaking in the sun and saltwater?
- Supply – A micro-roastery where you can sip on high-quality espresso and grab a bite to eat.
- The Platter Effect – Let The Platter Effect plan the perfect picnic for you. The Coffs Coast is absolutely full of stunning picnic spots – perfect for families, dates or a girl’s weekend.
- Urban Espresso Lounge – Placed at the Jetty, this cafe offers a healthy & exciting breakfast & lunch menu.
For Dinner & Drinks
We highly recommend making a booking, even on slower nights. As a small town full of foodies, local restaurants are often bustling. Our favourite spots include:
- Dark Arts Cafe & Bar – Step into a different world where everything served is delicious. Ranging from strong, early morning coffee to dinner & drinks at night.
- Element Bar – This is a go-to for a night out on the Jetty. With some of the best cocktails in town and bar snacks made to perfection, you’re bound to have a great time.
- Fiasco – Craving pizza and pasta? Fiasco’s has incredibleItalian food with great vibes. Perfect for a date night or a night out with friends.
- Slo Vino + – Stroll down here to sip on a collection of Aus
tralian natural wine, craft beer and complex cocktails.
- The Red C – Check out this live music’s schedule to see what’s happening during your trip to Coffs Harbour. This live music venue serves lunch, dinner & cold tap beer.
- Tallow & Tide – This boutique stocks quality vintage and eco-conscious Australian labels & home decor. Find this shop tucked away in a cool alleyway.
- Harbourside Markets – Every Sunday from 8 am – 2 pm | The Jetty Markets get busy for a good reason. Get there early to enjoy quality food trucks, fresh produce and browse around the stalls for locally made goods.
- Alykat Creative – This local artist has her own little shop in one of the many alleyways in Coffs Harbour. If you want to get some quirky, fun and colourful art to bring home – You’re at the right place!
Things To Do
- Bite Food Tours – If you’re a foodie, then check out Bite Food Tours. They’ll show you all the spots that excite your taste buds.
- Fisherman’s Coop – Visit these guys for all your fresh seafood.
- Coffs Harbour Deep Sea Fishing – What will your catch of the day be? Check out these charter fishing boats then cook up your fresh fish on your holiday home’s BBQ.
- Jetty Dive – The Coffs Coast is famous for its gorgeous diving and whale watching. Jetty Dive is at the top of our list for ocean adventures.
- Montem Bike Tours – See a different side of the Coffs Coast – from a bike! With blue skies often more than not, these tours will guarantee a day of fun in the sun.
- The Sol Collective – Yoga, meditation & soul disco – this waterfront studio has it all. Check out their rotating schedule and explore some mindfulness on your holiday.
- Exodus Adventures Pickup and Surf Rafting – For all your wilderness and water adventures, book in a day tour with these guys! You are sure to make some great memories and challenge yourself.
- The Big Banana – This one is a classic! You can’t leave Coffs without taking a photo in front of the famous Big Banana. Don’t forget to pop by The Cheesemaking Workshop while you’re there!
- TreeTops Coffs Harbour – Feeling adventurous? Hit the trees for a day of family fun or a cute day date.
- Coffs Harbour Driving Range – Grab a bucket of golf balls and enjoy an hour at the Coffs Harbour Driving Range. Make sure to get in touch if you’re interested in a lesson from their in-house golf pro.
- East Coast Surf School – Learn how to surf here on the beautiful Coffs Coast. This area has great waves for beginners & more advanced!
- Two Tails Winery – Two Tails Winery makes for a great day trip. Journey out into the hills and enjoy gourmet food and wine.
- Raleigh Winery – Just a short drive from Sawtell & Bellingen, Raleigh Winery is a great place to visit for foodies & wine-lovers.
- Spring Loaded – Feel like the kids are bouncing off the walls? Bring them to Spring Loaded for a day playing on the trampolines.
- Club 300 Bowling & Bar – A great place to enjoy a fun night of social bowling & a game of pool along with drinks from the bar & food from the bistro
Important Things To Know
- Most restaurants are closed on Mondays. Make sure to double-check the opening hours of the cafe or restaurant you’ve been eyeing down.
- Restaurants are often busy from Thursday – Saturday evenings. We recommend making a booking in advance.
- Coffs Harbour is just a 5-minute drive from the Coffs Harbour Airport.
- Great for a long weekend getaway or a long-term stay where you’ll get to know the locals. Once you’re here, you’ll want to stay longer than you expected!